In a nutshell:
"Training from the Back of the Room" is a fresh approach to learning, training, presenting and facilitating. Developed by Sharon Bowman, TBR uses cognitive neuroscience and brain-based learning techniques. The concept is recognized internationally as one of the most effective frameworks for accelerated learning.
During the two days of certified classes, you will experiment with many different TBR related concepts and techniques to enhance learning in your professional environment (including training, meetings, workshop, coaching, consulting).
Is it for me?
TBR classes are game-changers and eye-openers for everyone interested in improving the way they learn by using cognitive neuroscience. It's especially useful for (but not limited):
- Corporate and Non-Corporate trainers
- University Lectures and Teachers
- Agile Coaches, Scrum Trainers, Team facilitators
- Coaches, Psychologists
- Learning and Development Professionals
- HR & Marketing Professionals
- Virtual Content Creators - Online Training, Webinars, Podcasts, etc.
- Public speakers
- Anyone who needs to effectively engage with an audience
What will I learn?
- Design your engaging classes based on the Training From The Back of The Room concept.
- Apply "The Six Trumps" - six learning principles based on brain science that will unleash your brain potential, enhance learning and improve information retention. No matter of the content that you teach or being taught.
- Understand, define and explain the most relevant for you elements of brain science and human learning that may be used in your distinct environments.
- Learn how to choose and incorporate different learning activities to increase learners' attention, retention and engage their whole brain.
- Discover how to use the 4C "map" as a training design and delivery model for any brain-based instructions.
- Learn how to design new classes from scratch or redesign your current programs to make them enjoyable for the attendees and also to help them learn more.
- How to build a safe learning environment that accelerates learning for everyone.
- Experience how to combine brain science and technology to bring in creativity to your classroom and build engagement.
- Deep dive into the newest trends, collections of the best teaching practices and other experiences. Being a trainer for years doesn't mean you tried it all.
- Learn how to combine Agile, Scrum, Accelerated Learning and TBR into one memorable learning and development experience.
What will I get?
- A certificate of "Training From The Back of The Room Practitioner"
- Sharon's best-selling book "Training from the BACK of the Room! 65 Ways to Step Aside and Let Them Learn"
- Sharon Bowman's newest book "Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick"
- A copy of the 55-page participant workbook that is only available with this program
- A collection of "brain activating tools" - game prizes, training souvenirs, and learning aids - that can be used in the participant's training programs
- A 10% discount for other Wawel HIll's training
- Access to the TBR Practitioner Slack Community
- 1-hour video consulting after the classes.
Should I prepare?
Not really. Three weeks before the training you will receive some reading suggestions. In case you'd like to read or learn more before the classes, please let us know. We always have a lot of extra materials to share with our attendees.
Is there anything else I should know?
For your comfort, we keep the class size from 8 to a maximum of 12 attendees. Classes are thought in English. Unless all attendees are Polish and we decide together with the group to switch the language before we run the classes.To make TBR classes happen we need at least 8 attendees. If we won't sell the minimum amount of tickets 4 weeks before the classes, we are obligated to cancel our classes. Money will be return to your bank account.
Will I get a certificate?
Yes, you will! Justyna is a certified TBR trainer who can issue a TBR Practitioner Certificate of completion for you. In order to complete the classes, we require your full engagement and presence in the full two days of training.
I am Kanban Practitioner who loves helping teams to work better and deliver the right products at the right time. As Agile Believer I bring new ways of working across the organizations. In my consulting work, I help teams to design a company culture that enables everyone to unleash their potential and strive for the best.
Over the last few years, I have been working with various startups as a marketing/business and UX strategist. As a Design Thinker with a background in tech startups, I helped teams to change the way they think, design, build and deliver digital products.
Thanks to my experience in working with large organizations as well as startups, I bring freshness into mature business and enriches startups with knowledge about mature processes.
Discovering TBR and becoming a TBR trainer improved the way I live, work, think and accelerate change. I hope that now is the time, that I can inspire others with the TBR way of working. Join my TBR adventures on Twitter @justpinde
Read more about Justyna here.