Rules and regulations
Rules and Regulations
These Rules and Regulations determine the conditions of use of the Internet service for the CONFidence conference and conditions of participation at CONFidence Kraków 2020.
I. General provisions
2. Any and all rights to the name of the Service, its graphic and functional concept, rights to any text and graphic elements used within the Service, except for elements procured from third parties (including but not limited to wordmarks of partners, media partners, sponsors, partner conferences etc.) shall belong to PROIDEA and may be used solely on the basis of the consent (licence) granted by PROIDEA.
3. Legal basis for these Rules and Regulations shall, including but not limited to, constitute:
a. Act. of 29 August 1997 on Protection of Personal Data;
b. Act of 18 July 2002 on Providing Services by Electronic Means;
c. Act of 23 April 1964 - Civil Code;
d. Act of 30 May 2014 on Consumer Rights.
4. In the matters related to the use of the Service or participation in the Conference, the User may contact PROIDEA via electronic mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, via telephone at the following number: (+48)506 689 550
II. Certain Defined Terms
For the purpose of these Rules and Regulations the following terms shall have the following meaning:
1. Service - shall mean the Internet website at confidence-conference.org which contains the information related to the Conference and enables registration as the Conference Participant or Conference Speaker through the Platform.
2. PROIDEA - the organizer of CONFidence. PROIDEA sp. z o.o. with registered office in Kraków at ul. Zakopiańska 9, 30-418 Kraków, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs maintained at the District Court for Kraków Śródmieście in Kraków, National Court Register with the KRS number: 0000448243, NIP number: 6793088842, with the initial capital in the amount of PLN 10,000.00, paid up in full.
3. Conference - technological festival held under the name of CONFidence, organized by PROIDEA in Cracow, 1-2 June 2020.
4. User - an adult natural person using the Service who registers CONFidence Participants on their own behalf or acting as an authorised representative of a legal person or an unincorporated organisational unit.
5. Agenda - defined by PROIDEA detailed Conference program published within the Service after having confirmed some or all the Speakers. Agenda is published for informative purposes only and may be subject to change.
6. Conference Participant - a person entitled to take part in the Conference and to obtain additional benefits defined in detail in section IV of the Rules and Regulations.
7. Conference Speaker - a person entitled to deliver a presentation during the Conference, selected by PROIDEA in accordance with the procedures defined in section IV of these Rules and Regulations.
8. Platform - a website available at: www.evenea.pl, to which a User is redirected from the Service to register for participation in the CONFidence as a Conference Participant. Redirection to the Platform takes place after clicking on the "Register" tab on the Service and starting the Registration process on the Service. The Platform is offered as part of the Evenea online service provided by Event Labs Sp. z o.o. of Warsaw.
1. Using the Service and all of its functions requires access to the Internet and application of a standard Internet browser.
2. In order to guarantee safety for data transfers via the Service, PROIDEA shall apply any and all technical and organizational measures adequate for the level of threat related to the use of Service.
3. The User shall be obliged to observe the prohibition of overuse of the Service, including but not limited to:
a. providing content that causes interruptions in the functioning of the Service or an overload thereof, alternatively, of the systems used by entities that participate directly or indirectly in the provision of services via electronic means;
b. providing content that may infringe personal rights of third parties, copyright, intellectual property rights, entrepreneurial secrets or those that may in any way infringe the legal governance in force or public decency;
c. providing content that contains computer viruses and other malware like: worms, trojan horses, keyloggers or other;
d. providing content that causes sending unsolicited by the recipients commercial information (SPAM) or other content forbidden by law
e. as well as providing other types of unlawful content.
IV. Participation in the Conference
As Conference Participant
1. Participation in the Conference as the Conference Participant entitles said person to take part in any and all sessions listed in the Agenda as well as to obtain additional benefits, as defined in detail in section IV.2. of the Rules and Regulations.
2. Additionally, each Participant shall be entitled to the following:
a. receive one set of conference materials;
b. take part in coffee and lunch breaks organized by PROIDEA on each of the days of the Conference. Catering shall be provided by PROIDEA;
c. enter the Conference After-party organized by PROIDEA.
3. Participants shall demonstrate conduct that does not pose a threat to the safety of others, in particular Participants shall comply with the CONFidence Rules.
4. Participants shall be prohibited from bringing and carrying any weapons or other dangerous items, explosives, pyrotechnic products, materials posing a fire risk, alcoholic beverages, intoxicants or psychotropic substances.
5. Each Participant shall wear a wristband and ID tag in a manner visible to the Organiser throughout the entire duration of CONFidence. If a Participant does not have a wristband or ID tag, the Organiser shall have the right to remove him or her from the area where CONFidence is held. A Participant may not make its ID tag or wristband available to any other person, and the ticket to CONFidence shall be issued to the Participant's name and assigned to a given Participant. While in the area where CONFidence is held, each Participant shall carry his or her ticket in paper or electronic form to make it available for inspection by the Organiser.
As a Conference Speaker
1. Registration for participation in the Conference as the Speaker may be done by the User by way of completing and submitting the electronic registration form available through the Service and sending it to PROIDEA. In the Speaker registration form the User shall provide the following data: name and surname, email address, telephone number (optional).
2. PROIDEA shall send a confirmation of receipt of the registration to the email address provided by the User in the registration form.
3. Participation in the Conference as a Conference Speaker depends on the assessment of the submitted material by PROIDEA. Assessment of sent materials and selection of Speakers shall be conducted by the CONFidence Program Committee. PROIDEA shall inform the User about the assessment of the materials via email.
4. In case of positive assessment, the Speaker shall be obliged to prepare and send his presentation to the electronic mail address of PROIDEA no later than at 14 days before the start of the Conference.
5. By registering, the User grants PROIDEA the non-exclusive licence for the use of the materials presented to PROIDEA in relation to the participation in the Conference - abstracts both in English and Polish, presentation sent to PROIDEA, as well as the Speaker`s presentation delivered during the Conference. The consent also covers the use of the Speaker`s image ('Rights'). The licence shall cover:
a) in the scope of recording and issuing copies - recording and issuing copies of Rights by way of any technique, including but not limited to printing, reprographic and digital techniques, on any kind of media storage, including but not limited to CDs, solid state storage media as well as uploading and transfer of Rights to memory of teleinformatic systems;
b) within the scope of dissemination - hire, giving for use and marketing the media on which the Rights have been recorded.
c) within the scope of dissemination in the manner other than mentioned in letter b) hereinabove - allowing for use in such manner that anyone may have access to Rights in the place and time chosen by them, displaying, broadcasting and re-broadcasting, both terrestrial and satellite, transfer of Rights as streaming, both live and on-demand.
6. The licence shall be granted subject to obtaining a positive assessment of the application according to section IV.3. hereinabove.
7. Participation in the Conference as Conference Speaker also requires registration as the Conference Participant.
V. Registration for participation in the Conference as a Conference Participant
1. Participation in CONFidence shall be subject to registration of a Participant(s). To do so, a User shall correctly fill in the registration form that can be found at the following URL address: https://confidence2020.evenea.pl/
2. Registration shall begin on 8:00 am on July 22nd 2019 and end on 3:00 pm on 02 June 2020.
3. Participation in the Conference as Conference Participant shall be subject to a charge. The cost of the participation is contingent on the time of registration. Participation costs have been defined in the Price List available via the registration form.
4. Participation in a conference as an attendee with student ticket is paid. The cost of student ticket is lower than the cost of regular ticket, according to the information in registration form.
5. Attendee with a student ticket is entitled an entry to all talks published in Agenda, as well as receiving a student ID and a wristband.
6. Attendee with a student ticket is entitled to participation in coffee breaks as well as lunch breaks in every day of conference; he/she is entitled to take a part in conference contests as well as other activities.
7.During the afterparty the student ticket entitles to entry to the after-party venue as well as access to Open Bar and snacks if provided.
8. Participation for students will be verified right after the participant registration; the attende is required to send a scan or picture of a valid student ID. The student ticket is for students who are under the age of 26 at the moment of ticket purchase.
9. The cost defined in section V.3. applies to participation in the Conference by a single person.
10. To the cost defined in section V.3. a relevant amount of goods and services tax (VAT) shall be added, except in the cases when after the registration a User provides PROIDEA, via email to the address: email@example.com with a declaration on financing participation in the Conference from public funds.
11. Payment of the Conference fee may be done in PLN.
12. Registration for participation in the Conference as the Participant may be done by the User by way of completing and submitting the electronic registration form available through the Platform.
13. The User, by choosing the appropriate User registration form, may either register as a natural person or as a legal person.
14. A User shall register other Participants based on their consent. A User registering Participants shall declare that he or she is the controller of the personal data of Participants, who have given their consent to their processing for the purpose of signing up for CONFidence.
15. In the User registration form for Participants available on the Platform and the Service, the User shall provide the following data: name and surname and e-mail address of a Participant (please provide a direct and up-to-date e-mail address as the ticket and organisational information related to CONFidence will be sent to that e-mail address), telephone number; and optionally also the User's profile name on Twitter, where he or she learned about CONFidence, what motivated him or her to participate in CONFidence, answer to the question on professional interests and professional experience, and other notes, as well as optionally the following details for billing purposes: company name, address, postal code, city/town, optionally: tax identification number (NIP). Company name and tax identification number (NIP) shall be provided for the purposes of obtaining an invoice where the submitted request concerns a company (a legal person, an organisational unit with no legal personality but having legal capacity, a natural person conducting economic activity).In the registration form the User may also provide the discount code (if he received it). If the User, despite having a discount code, fails to provide the code during the registration process, he loses the right to obtain the discount, and the registration process continues according to payment terms mentioned in section V.3.
17. By accepting these Rules consent is given to a free of charge and unlimited in time recording, reproduction, processing and distribution of a Participant's image for promotional and information purposes, recorded in photos and videos taken during CONFidence. Consent may be withdrawn by sending a written notice of withdrawal to
Proidea's address at ul. Zakopiańska 9, 30-418 Kraków, no later than on the opening
date of CONFidence.
18. Receipt the offer mentioned in section V.16., PROIDEA confirms by way of sending a message confirming the registration process to the User`s email address. With the moment said message is mailed to the User, an Agreement for Participation in the Conference is entered into between the User - or a legal person represented by him - and PROIDEA. Upon sending such notice to the User an agreement on participation in CONFidence shall be deemed executed between the Organiser and the User or the entity represented by the User in accordance with section V.14.
19. These Rules provide for the following payment methods:
a. online payment: payment made using online payment systems (id:firstname.lastname@example.org); by payment card. This form of payment shall be processed by PayPal and Dotpay Sp. z o.o.
b. offline payment: payment by wire transfer.
20. In the case of an offline payment, within 7 days of the day of registration, PROIDEA shall send a pro forma invoice to the email address of the User. Payment for participation in the Conference must be made in a timely manner, to the bank account of PROIDEA, as indicated on the pro forma invoice. Payment may be executed immediately after obtaining PROIDEA`s confirmation mentioned in section V.18 into the bank account of PROIDEA identified in the email message sent to the User, or via the internet payment systems.
21. Failure to cover the fee for participation in the Conference shall not be tantamount to resignation from participation and the User, or persons submitted for participation in accordance with section V.18, shall retain the right to participate in the Conference; in case of failure to provide resignation under the conditions defined in Rules and Regulations. PROIDEA shall retain the right to payment. In case when the payment is not provided within the term on the invoice, PROIDEA shall reserve the right to rescind the Agreement for Participation in the Conference without additional calls or setting an additional term of payment.
22. The Organiser may refuse participation in CONFidence and the Conference by persons
reasonably suspected to have registered for a purpose other than to participate in the Conference or Competitions organised as part of CONFidence (in particular to recruit employees). In such an event, registration shall be deemed ineffective and the registration fee shall be refunded.
VI. Right to rescind the agreement or change of name on the ticket
1. A User who is a consumer (i.e. a natural person performing a legal action not related directly to his or her economic or professional activity, having full legal capacity [understood as being an adult who has not been legally incapacitated and may perform legal actions on his or her own behalf]), shall have the right to rescind the agreement with the Organiser without incurring any costs and without stating any reason within 14 days from the date of entering into the agreement in accordance with section V.18. A statement of rescission of the agreement shall be made in writing. The User may use the form of the notice enclosed with these Rules (Appendix 2).
2. Subject to the provisions defined in section VI.1, the User (including a User completing the registration process on behalf of a legal person or an unincorporated organisational unit, or for the benefit of a business which the User conducts as part of economic activity) shall be entitled to resign from participation in the Conference by the final and non-negotiable term of 16 May 2020, by mailing to PROIDEA (email@example.com) a Statement of Rescission in writing, by way of a registered letter sent to the address of PROIDEA. The term shall be deemed observed if the registered letter was posted with the observance of said term. In case of resignation mentioned in this provision, PROIDEA shall return to the User the amount equivalent to the sum paid for participation in the Conference. The sum shall be returned within 30 days on the basis of the amended invoice accepted by the User.
3. The Organiser shall allow changes to be made in the list of Participants. Information on any change of Participants should be notified to the Organiser not later than 5 days before the commencement of CONFidence. Any change of Participants shall require the User to fill in a new registration form and provide information on the change of Participants to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, including the details of the persons concerned.
VII. Personal Data
1. The entity acting as the controller of personal data collected in connection with the participation in CONFidence shall be PROIDEA Sp. z o.o. with its registered office at ul. Zakopiańska 9, 30-418 Kraków, holding Tax Identification Number (NIP): 679-308-88-42, Industry Identification Number (REGON): 122769022, entered in the National Court Register under No. 0000448243, which may be contacted at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
1. The User may lodge complaints to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing, to the registered address of the Organiser.
2. A complaint concerning the proceedings of CONFidence may be submitted within 14 days after the end of CONFidence. A complaint shall be deemed to have been lodged on the date of receipt of such complaint by the Organiser.
3. Complaints lodged after the lapse of the period specified in section VIII.2. shall not be recognised.
4. The Organiser shall review any complaints within 14 days after the date of their submission. If the Organiser does not reply to a complaint within the deadline specified above, it shall be deemed that the complaint was granted, i.e. the Organiser considered the User's statement or request as justified.
IX. Out-of-court dispute resolution
1. Any disputes that may arise between the Organiser and a Participant who is a consumer may be resolved on an amicable basis. For detailed information on the methods and access to forms of out-of-court dispute resolution, see:https://www.uokik.gov.pl/pozasadowe_rozwiazywanie_sporow_konsumenckich.php
2. Detailed information on the possibility of having recourse to an out-of-court complaint and redress mechanism, out-of-court dispute resolution as well as the rules of using these procedures, is also available at the offices and on the websites of:
- county (municipal) consumer ombudsmen;
- social organisations whose statutory tasks include consumer protection(including the Polish Consumer Federation, Association of Polish Consumers). Advice is provided by the Polish Consumer Federation through a free helpline 800 007 707 and by the Association of Polish Consumers at email@example.com);
- c. Provincial Inspectorates of the Trade Inspection and on the following websites Internet of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection:
3. In the event of a dispute between the Organiser and a Participant who is a consumer
concerning the agreement on participation in CONFidence the consumer shall be entitled to having recourse to an out-of-court complaint and redress mechanism, including by filing a complaint in one of the official languages of the European Union, including Polish, through the EU ODR online platform available at:http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
4. A Participant who is a consumer has the right to apply to the Provincial Inspector of the Trade Inspection, pursuant to Art. 36 of the Act on Trade Inspection of 15 December 2000, for initiation of mediation proceedings regarding amicable settlement of the dispute between the consumer and the Organiser. Information on the rules and procedure of the mediation conducted by the Provincial Inspector of the Trade Inspection is available at the offices and on the websites of individual Provincial Inspectorates of the Trade Inspection.
5. A Participant who is a consumer has the right to apply to the permanent consumer arbitration court referred to in Art. 37 of the Act on Trade Inspection of 15 December 2000, for resolution of the dispute arising under the concluded agreement.
6. Any disputes that may arise between the Organiser and a Participant who is not a consumer shall be resolved by the court competent for the Organiser.
X. Final Provisions
1. The User expresses his consent for delivery of Rules and Regulations in an electronic form in the PDF format.
2. Unless these Rules and Regulations stipulate otherwise, communications between PROIDEA and the User who sent the User or Speaker registration form, shall be executed by electronic means, for the User by means of the email address identified in the Account settings, and for PROIDEA by means of the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or another address in the proidea.org.pl domain.
3. If some of the provisions of these Rules and Regulations are deemed invalid or ineffective by the provisions of the law, the validity or effectiveness of the remaining provisions of these Rules and Regulations shall not be affected. In place of the invalid provision a rule shall be applied which represents the purpose of voided provision and the entire Rules and Regulations the closest.
5. Current version of Rules and Regulations is published on the Service webpage and delivered, free of charge, to the User at his demand to the email address identified by the User.
6. Rules and Regulations shall become valid on July 4th, 2019
7. PROIDEA reserves the right to amend these Rules and Regulations. The Users shall be informed about each and every amendment of these Rules and Regulations via a message uploaded to the Service, at 14 days before the planned amendment becoming effective. If the User does not consent for the changes in the Rules and Regulations he should inform PROIDEA about that fact within the provided period. Absence of consent for the new text of the Rules and Regulations shall be deemed tantamount to termination of the Agreement mentioned in Article 3841 of the [Polish] Civil Code, and effective upon the expiry of the date provided for expressing the objections to the amendments in Rules and Regulations. Until the expiry of said term the User must observe the existing provisions.
The entity acting as the Controller of personal data collected on the Website is PROIDEA Sp. z o.o. of Kraków, with its registered office at ul. Zakopiańska 9, 30-418 Kraków, entered in the Business Register maintained by the District Court for Kraków-Śródmieście in Kraków under No. KRS 0000448243, holding Tax Identification Number (NIP): 6793088842, with the share capital of PLN 10,000, paid in full.
Scope and legal basis for collection of personal data
PROIDEA collects the data of Users in the manner specified in the Rules.
PROIDEA collects and processes the following data relate to Users, who are natural persons who have registered on the Website:
(i) first name, (ii) surname, (iii) e-mail address, (iv) telephone number, (v) mailing address (address, postal code, city/town), (vi) where they learned about the Conference, (vii) purpose of participation in the Conference. Optionally, if such information is provided by the User, PROIDEA may also collect: (viii) the User's additional notes, (ix) the User's name on Twitter.
PROIDEA collects and processes the following data related to companies and Users submitting requests for participation by Participants:
(i) name of the company completing the registration process, (ii) address, (iii) name and surname of the person submitting the request, (iv) e-mail address of the person submitting the request, (v) telephone number of the person submitting the request, (vi) mailing address (address, postal code, city/town), (vii) where they learned about the Conference, (viii) purpose of participation in the Conference. Optionally, if such information is provided by the User, PROIDEA may also collect: (ix) the User's additional notes, (x) the User's name on Twitter, and (xii) the company's Tax Identification Number (NIP).
PROIDEA collects and processes the following data of the User who participates in the Conference as a Speaker: (i) name and surname, (ii) e-mail address, (iii) telephone number, (iv) e-mail, (v) country of residence, (vi) company name, (vii) position, (viii) brief curriculum vitae, (ix) type of session, (x) name of the lecture, (xi) category, (xii) level of difficulty of presentation, (xiii) abstract, (xiv) duration, (xv) language of the lecture.
Users provide PROIDEA with personal and other data referred to above by filling in the registration form available on the Website and in the Platform.
Purpose of personal data collection and scope of its processing
All data collected by PROIDEA are used for the purposes for which they were collected.
(a) With respect to Participants and Users: PROIDEA processes the data for the purposes related to the organisation of the Conference, including registration of Participants, ensuring communication with Participants and entities submitting notices of participation of Participants, as well as other purposes related to the performance of the agreement on participation in the Conference, and the complaint procedure.
(b) With respect to Speakers: PROIDEA processes the data for the purposes of evaluation of the submitted requests and selection of Speakers, as well as for the purposes related to the participation of the Speaker in the Conference.
Consent to the processing of data of a User participating in the Conference as a Speaker is given by marking the appropriate box in the Speaker's request form and giving such consent is entirely voluntary, although it is a condition for registering for participation in the Conference as a Speaker.
(c) If a User or a Participant who is not a User gives such consent, PROIDEA and the Conference partners may process the following data for the purposes related to sending information on PROIDEA's and the Conference partners' business activities and offer (marketing purposes):
Giving the consent referred to in item c) above is voluntary and is not a condition of participation in the Conference - a Participant may give a separate consent to the processing of their personal data for the purpose indicated above by marking the appropriate box (YES or NO) in the registration form.
Right of access
Users and Participants who are not Users, as data subjects, have the right to access and correct their personal data, have them completed, updated or rectified, request that their processing be suspended temporarily or permanently, restrict their processing or their erasure.
PROIDEA reserves the right to refuse to erase the Client's data, if their retention is necessary to enforce claims or is required under the applicable laws.
Any changes to a person's personal data may be made by sending a relevant statement to PROIDEA's address.
The Website uses small files called cookies.
Cookies are stored by the server on the computer of the User using the Website. Cookies usually contain the name of the domain from which they originate, their expiration date and a unique, randomly selected number identifying the file. Cookies do not contain data that would permit the identification of the User.
Information collected by means of such files help adjust the Website to individual preferences and needs of Users. It also makes it possible to produce general statistics on the use of the Website.
The operation of cookies is entirely safe for computers, in particular no viruses and other malicious software can affect Users' computers through cookies.
Nonetheless, Users may restrict or disable the storage of cookies on their computers. If Users choose to do so, browsing through the Website will be possible, but the use of its certain functions may be limited.
PROIDEA reserves the right to collect IP addresses of Website visitors, which may be helpful in diagnosing technical issues concerning the server and creating statistical analyses (e.g. to determine the regions where the highest number of Website visits are made). In addition, collection of IP addresses may be useful for administration purposes and to improve the Website.
IP addresses are collected in an anonymous way, which means that they are not assigned to any User data.
Access to data by third parties
The personal data collected by PROIDEA may be accessed directly only by authorised employees or associates of PROIDEA, authorised persons responsible for maintenance of the Website, as well as entities that have been granted relevant authorisations.
Personal data collected by PROIDEA are also accessible by the entity operating the Platform, through which registration for participation in the Conference is carried out. In addition, if a Participant uses the online payment method, PROIDEA will disclose the data related to such Participant to relevant payment agents in the scope necessary to process such payments. Data are transferred under the personal data processing agreements executed by PROIDEA.
Personal data may also be made available to entities authorised to receive them under the applicable law, in particular competent judicial authorities.
If an explicit and voluntary consent is given, as referred to in Section "Purpose of personal data collection and scope of its processing", the provided personal data may also be processed by Conference partners.
Safeguards and personal data protection
PROIDEA processes personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 and implement technical and organisational measures which ensure adequate protection of processed personal data, considering relevant threats and the category of protected information, in particular they secure personal data against disclosure to unauthorised persons, loss or damage.
Date: July 4th, 2019